Hey You!

My photo
Jakarta, Indonesia
a sucker for city lights.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Beauty Thoughts : Sleek Matte Me in Birthday Suit

Hello pretty people!

So. I have been thinking about start writing about beauty and skincare products that I tried. Since the beginning of my fondness towards make up and beauty products I have always loved to blog walk from one beauty blog to another. I love reading reviews of beauty products and when they're written well it is very helpful for readers to decide whether they should purchase and try the product or not. My favorite Indonesian beauty blogger is easily the pretty Vani Sagita. Loveee the way she writes about products! The pictures are beautiful too. Her swatches are amazing. So many products look amazing on her. I have been influenced by her reviews several times; for the time I bought Maybelline Lip Polish, Batiste Dry Shampoo, Viva White Clean & Mask Refreshner, Viva Queen Liquid Eyeliner and my ultimate purchase of LORAC Pro Palette 2. Guess what? I have no regrets because all of them work wonder and live up to my expectation based on her review. 

And couple weeks ago I got to meet her in person. I was like vomiting words about how much I love her blog even showed her the bookmark page on my mobile's Google Chrome haha! She was so nice and funny and pretty. Kya! She got a blog post about the event where we met and I got mentioned in the post! Yay!!

Anyway, enough for the prologue. Let me get started with this whole beauty review thing. 

I want to talk about this liquid lipstick products by Sleek from their Matte Me line, in the shade Birthday Suit.


Birthday Suit is a classic wearable nude,that can be teamed with Au Naturel i-Divine on eyes for an enhanced you. The light as air texture provides you with comfortable wear for hours, that doesn’t cake, flake or dry out, ensuring long lasting colour all day.
I actually have tried this Matte Me liquid lipstick before, but in the shade Fandango Purple. It is a beautiful purple-fuschia-y colour, not too dark, not too bright, just pretty colors. I imagine wearing it for attending wedding or something it surely will attract attention in the good way. But one thing I hate is when it dries up it makes my lips feel tight, like being pulled from each ends. Which is, trust me, very unpleasant. When I try to smile it feels like my lips going to crack (even though it doesn't). 

Then why the hell did you buy another one?! 

Because....I mean look at that colour. It is so. so. pretty. Classic, wearable pinky nude. I'm sold. I'm a sucker for that color, please take a look at my vanity and you'll believe me. So yeah I bought it, and excited to try it on. And the formulation is way better on this one. It feels light and comfortable on my lips. When I first applied it on my lips I thought it's going to wash me out; it looks pale. But then as it dried up, it kind of darkened (oxidized?) and makes the most wearable nude for me. So pretty I love it. 

lip swatch
Can we talk packaging please? I actually love Sleek Matte Me's packaging better than other liquid lipstick that I have. It comes in this boxy tube with clear body and black doff cap. I love when there's not too many things written on the tube (yes, I'm talking about you, LA Girl Matte Pigment Gloss). It is not too bulky nor too slim, just the right size. The applicator is slightly stiffer than other liquid lipstick but I don't mind, really. I'm very easy to please.

yay for clear tube!
Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this product. The color is the winner for me. The price is affordable too!

I also wrote a short review about this product at Female Daily Beauty Review platform. You should start writing here too it's fun and they have contests and giveaways! Here is my review

If I have to rate, I'll give it a solid 3,5/5,00

Yay for color, price, and packaging.
Nay for staying power and longevity.


I guess that'd be all?

Haha see you pretty people! xo



1 comment:

Zoe Nardone said...

You should start a youtube channel!! I would watch it!! hehe xo