Hey You!

My photo
Jakarta, Indonesia
a sucker for city lights.

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Beauty Thoughts : L.A Girl Pro HD Concealer and Corrector

Been a while since the last time I published beauty - related blog post. Now I want to talk about my current concealer and corrector from L.A Girl Cosmetics which are from their Pro HD series.

R-L : Concealer in Natural, Toast, and Corrector in Orange
What it claims to do :

Crease-resistant, opaque coverage in a creamy yet lightweight texture. The long-wearing formula camouflages darkness under the eyes, redness and skin imperfections. Provides complete, natural-looking coverage,evens skin tone, covers dark circles and minimizes fine lines around the eyes.

This blendable and buildable formula provides the ultimate, customizable coverage. This must-have concealer includes a soft brush-tip for easy application.

So first of all what I like about the line is that they offer so many shades to suit many skin tones. That is very nice because some concealer just don't do that and makes it hard for us to find our perfect match. I chose Natural and luckily it matches my NC 25 well enough. The consistency is as it stated, it's creamy yet still light enough that you can just use your finger to blend it. I could say that it lives up to the claims; it stayed pretty well on my skin during hot days where I move a lot and being outdoor and sweating like pig *ugh* As for coverage, it offers medium to full coverage and it is buildable.

T-B : Natural - Toast - Orange Corrector - liquid liner
see? The concealer covers the liquid liner pretty well!


I used Toast to do cream contour and orange to help with my under eyes (although I don't have too severe of a panda eyes, I love sleeping :p). Toast is still bit warm but it's okay I guess since eventually I will put powder contour on top of it. As for the orange corrector it is a really intense deep orange, so be careful when applied this on your under eyes because it can be quite hard to blend out the orange. I haven't tried to mix it before applying it although I've been thinking to do that. 

The only complaint I have for this concealer is their applicator. It comes with this soft tip brush that is just okay for applying the product, but a lot of times I find it too hard to make the product come out in my desired amount. It's always too little or too much. Also, you have to remember to shake the tube every so often because sometimes the product inside get separated and instead of product, you might get this watery, liquid something when you squeeze the tube without shaking. But other than that I'm pretty satisfied with them, especially since they are so AFFORDABLE. If you're interested in purchasing this, you can visit my Instagram page : thebeautyshack_id :)


I'll give it a rate of 4.2/5.00
Yay for the shades selection, coverage, longevity, and price
Nay for packaging and applicator


Toodles!

No comments: