Hey You!

My photo
Jakarta, Indonesia
a sucker for city lights.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Beauty Thoughts : Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage to Reflect Shimmer Palette : Hollywood Boulevard

JLo!
ini lho Mbak JLo~ Highlighter on fleek~
So, here I am back with another make up review! This time I'm going to share my thoughts on Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage to Reflect Shimmer Palette in the shade Hollywood Boulevard.

*gosh, what a mouthful of a name *wipes sweat**

The first time I found out about this highlighter was through Kathleen Lights 's youtube channel. She raved about the highlighter being so pretty yet so cheap since it's from our favorite affordable drugstore brand, Wet n Wild! And I was sold! So I ordered one and mine came around December last year. And it's true; this highlighter is da bomb!

I don't have many experience with highlighter; in fact most of my highlighter came as a part of a face palette I own. The highlight shade in Sleek Face Form - Light is great, creamy with a pretty sheen and the shimmer is even and pretty. But I let the palette go because the contour shade is way too red for me. The Champagne Pink highlighter in my Tarte Showstopper Clay Palette is a bit stiff and in my opinion, does not go well with other items in the palette because it has cool, almost icy undertone while the overall vibe of the palette itself is very warm. The highlighter in The Balm Auto Balm in California is nice and pretty but does not give a high impact, it is very natural though for daily use. I wouldn't call my Guerlain Météorites highlighter though because I use it as finishing powder. The one in my Australis Contour Kit is very cool and very white, so I avoid using it.

Let's take a closer look, shall we?


Wet n Wild Fergie Shimmer Palette's perfectly coordinated baked trio delivers high pigment in a wet or dry formula for a glowing, extra-reflective finish. Big girls don't shy away from a little sparkle!
Wet n Wild Fergie Shimmer Palette:
  • Perfectly coordinated baked trio
  • Delivers high pigment in a wet or dry formula
  • For a glowing, extra-reflective finish

The product came in a large plastic packaging that is quite light. The size is humongous, it's almost as big as my whole palm. I think I'm set for life with this highlighter lol. The transparent case makes it easy to look for and I quite like having it displayed on my vanity, because it's really beautiful! The baked gold highlighter with swirls of pink and brown is very very pigmented. It's a bit stiff, not creamy or anything but the pigments are picking up extremely nicely. There are many fall outs on the palette, but nothing that a light swipe wouldn't fix.

the palette
 When swatched, it turned out to be a really nice golden highlight with neutral undertone; it's not a warm gold nor a cool gold, just a nice neutral gold that is very flattering on many skin tones. It's like champagne color but it has touch of brown in it. When you put it on the face though it will capture the light and it seems more golden. If you're feeling more pinky highlight you can try to dip only to the pink and the brown part and you'll get a soft pink highlight that is also very pretty.

the swatch
I usually apply this highlighter using my Real Technique's fan brush or setting brush, although I prefer using fan brush because it picks up just the right amount of product.

How about longevity?

sorry for the hostile expression
The longevity is awesome. In the above picture I have been wearing the highlighter for more than 9 hours and even when I got home about 3 hours later the highlight was still there. It's so good! But I should elaborate that I was wearing the highlighter on top of a full base makeup and I set it with my trustee MAC Fix+. 

You can find this palette in drugstore websites, I wonder though why they don't have it up the official Wet n Wild website. Is it LE? I don't know. I think this highlighter is definitely a great purchase and you won't regret having this (the amount of product you get is maaaad, for the price)

I'm giving this a solid rate of 4.85 out of 5.00.
Yay for quality, price, pigmentation, amount of product, amazing longevity
Nay for not very sturdy packaging, kicks out a lot of fall outs, only available online

I've also reviewed this on Female Daily Beauty Review Platform! Check em out here

C ya!

No comments: